We are growing! With a diverse and interesting range of projects, this is a great time to join us in a role which offers great project exposure, and career progression opportunity.
The Building Intelligence Group (TBIG) is a privately owned company of project management specialists. We have a proud legacy of partnership with some of New Zealand’s greatest companies and institutions over our 30 year history.
TBIG has a talented team of 75+ staff in eight offices across New Zealand. With a diverse range of clients, we oversee a range of engaging and challenging projects where we really add value. Our projects are interesting, we value our people, and we offer great career opportunities for motivated and dedicated staff.
About the role
A challenging opportunity exists within our Auckland team for a Project Manager, to join us working with a range of clients on a great diversity of project types. You will need to be highly motivated, enjoy being part of a team and relate well to clients and stakeholders.
This is a great career role where you’ll:
- Provide professional service delivery, guidance and support to the TBIG project team.
- Assume responsibility for the successful delivery of selected project elements/phase
- Lead project stakeholders including, but not limited to, the client, statutory authorities, consultants, contractors and end-users.
- Exhibit excellent verbal communication skills, evidenced by effective people management.
- Prepare structured and informative reports, minutes and the like.
- Develop skills in PCG meeting management
- Be prepared to develop skills and progress your career in project management.
- Support senior staff with proposals and submissions and preparing case studies.
With demonstrated experience in project management, you’ll be keen to continue to progress your career through experience, exposure and mentorship. You will utilise your consultancy office experience, and have the ability to build strong relationships with key clients and stakeholders. You will have the ability to challenge concepts, resolve problems and provide solutions. You will be a great communicator and advocate of collaborative working environments and possess a “can do attitude” where no project is too big or too small.
You’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum tertiary level qualification.
- Experience that demonstrates potential, capability and leadership.
- Min 3 – 5 years’ post grad consultancy experience or similar.
- Project Management qualification or equivalent.
- Other relevant industry experience.
- Exhibit excellent verbal communication skills, evidenced by authoritative meetings management.
What’s life @TBIG like?
We’re a dynamic team of professionals who love what we do! A 100% NZ owned business, we’re proud of the collaborative and supportive people culture we’ve developed in line with our values. We provide lots of personal and professional growth opportunities, encouraging our people to be well rounded both in and out of the office. You’ll find we also enjoy a good laugh, and have a friendly and down to earth working environment.
Our Auckland office is centrally located in the CBD, and offers a fantastic working environment in modern open plan offices. You’ll be joining a dynamic team of highly motivated and passionate project managers, in an office supported by ISO assured comprehensive PM systems and tools. You’ll be mentored by Project Directors, and supported by a highly approachable and inclusive management team, where your ideas are welcomed and encouraged.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, as well as the opportunity to be considered for our employee shareholder programme.
Find out more:
To enquire or make an application, please contact Kathryn Granger, Talent Acquisition Manager,