Right now, our established and experienced Wellington team is looking for a Senior Project Manager to play a key role in our growing Wellington branch. Our sector focus is highly diverse, with rewarding and challenging projects in government, commercial, education, council, libraries, seismic strengthening and more.
This is a senior position and you will be required to provide full project management capability in addition to managing the project team. You will need to be highly motivated, enjoy being part of a team and relate well to clients and stakeholders.
WHO WE ARE
The Building Intelligence Group is one of New Zealand’s longest standing independent project management companies. We have an enviable track record, partnering with some of New Zealand’s greatest companies and institutions to successfully complete a wide spectrum of projects. Our projects are interesting, we value our people, and we offer great career opportunities for motivated and dedicated staff.
With demonstrated experience in project management and a wide range of commercial construction and fit out project experience at a senior level, you will be able to lead a team through all stages of project delivery. You will utilise your consultancy office experience, have the ability to build strong relationships with key clients and stakeholders and provide business development initiatives. You will be expected to take sole responsibility for the establishment phases of projects and ongoing responsibility for the implementation phases. You will have the ability to challenge concepts, resolve problems and provide solutions. You will be a great communicator and advocate of collaborative working environments and possess a “can do attitude” where no project is too big or too small.
- Project/Construction manager with 10+ years’ experience across property sectors.
- Experience in retail, base build, commercial development and commercial fitout projects.
- Strong leadership coordinating design and technical teams.
- Detailed knowledge and the preparation of robust contract documents, correspondence and reporting. Experience with NZS3910 contracts.
- Strong understanding of relevant New Zealand building regulations and legislation and a strong focus on health and safety.
- Expert design and construction programming, Gantt charts and financial management Strong computer literacy including project management tools.
- Highly organised with good time management / people management skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are well located in the CBD in Spark Central. Our office is a dynamic working environment with highly motivated and passionate project managers. You will be part of a highly experienced team, working with professional project managers in an office supported by ISO assured comprehensive PM systems and tools.
This is a senior position that will attract the highest calibre. The rewards will be commensurate with your experience and track record. A reward structure will be negotiated with the right person.
Applicants must be a NZ resident.
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter demonstrating your skills to firstname.lastname@example.org