The Building Intelligence Group has an immediate opportunity within our Christchurch office for a Senior Project Manager. With several years’ experience in the construction industry or related field, you can confidently work autonomously and unsupervised to support our goal of being New Zealand’s authority on project management. You will utilise your New Zealand consultancy office experience, have the ability to build strong relationships with key clients and stakeholders and provide business development initiatives. You will be expected to take sole responsibility for the establishment phases of projects and ongoing responsibility for the implementation phases.
With demonstrated experience in project management and a wide range of commercial construction and fit out project experience at a senior level, you will be able to lead a team through all stages of project delivery. You will utilise your consultancy office experience, have the ability to build strong relationships with key clients and stakeholders and provide business development initiatives. You will be expected to take sole responsibility for the establishment phases of projects and ongoing responsibility for the implementation phases. You will have the ability to challenge concepts, resolve problems and provide solutions. You will be a great communicator and advocate of collaborative working environments and possess a “can do attitude” where no project is too big or too small.
- Tertiary qualified with a strong technical background, preferably a strong foundation in engineering and construction.
- Project/Construction Manager with 10+ years’ experience across property sectors.
- Experience in health, education, base build, commercial development and commercial fitout projects.
- Strong leadership coordinating design and technical teams.
- Experience in the preparation of contract documents, correspondence and reporting. Experience with NZS3910 contracts.
- Strong understanding of relevant New Zealand building regulations and legislation and a strong focus on health and safety.
- Strong ties to the Christchurch city, and a sound understanding of the market in Christchurch.
- Expert construction programming, Gantt charts and financial management.
- Highly organised with good time management/staff management skills
WHAT WE OFFER
We are a highly experienced professional consulting company with a track record for delivering process success for our clients for over 28 years. We are centrally located in the CBD and offer a fantastic working environment with highly motivated and passionate project managers.
You will be part of a dynamic team leading and directing fellow professional project managers in an office supported by ISO assured comprehensive PM systems and tools. This is a senior position that will attract the highest caliber. The rewards will be commensurate with your experience and track record. A reward structure will be negotiated with the right person. You will enjoy working in a dynamic environment with a focus on values, training and strong team culture.
Applicants must be a NZ resident and available for interviews immediately.
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter demonstrating your skills to firstname.lastname@example.org